NEWS: Schoolgirls leave boys in their dustOkay so this article says that girls are acheiving better than boys. Good on them. Below are some extracts from the article and my opinions in italics next to them.
Theories why girls outperform boys:I suspect that whoever wrote these theories pulled them out of their arse!
* Boys are more suited to exams I see, and why is this?
* Girls are more suited to continuous assessment I see, and why is this? FYI, continuous exams suck
* Female aspirations and opportunities have grown Really?
* Classroom culture has been "feminised" What the hell is that supposed to mean?!
* Boys go through a period of low self-esteem causing them to lose sight of academic goals How 'bout no, school is rather dull nowadays
* Parental attitudes have a greater influence on girls than on boys I find that highly unlikely
* Boys engage in more disruptive classroom behaviour Mwa ha ha ha ha ha!
* Boys' motor development is slower I smell sausages!